
Monday, December 20, 2010
Last week was pretty intense as quite a couple of stuff happened to me. First I fell sick due to the night before incident while we were celebrating Joe's Birthday in which i shall not elaborate any further but all I can say is that I made a fool out of myself & I shall not repeat that again. Well hopefully haha. Even hurt someone and thankfully the person has forgive us. I was really touch on the day I was sick as my superior came to my bunk, force me to get up & sent me to see the doctor. Even though I was stubborn but It was really sweet of him & thank god he did that as I was kinda dying in my bunk due to the fever. This is the second time I've fallen sick in Brunei. I seldom fall sick when I was in Singapore but somehow It's different over here. Guess It was the season as I wasn't the only one who's sick. Almost everyone around me was sick as well.
Second would be something new for me. I actually issued informal punishment which was asking one of my men to knock it down due to something that he did. I even freaking yell at him till my hands were trembling. I shall not elaborate any further and It was the first time I was freaking piss off in my whole Sergeant life in the army. I thought I wouldn't have to resort to that but I really didn't had any choice. It's my job to discipline my guys & to correct them if they do something wroung. I just hate it when I give the things you request and fight for your priviledge but instead of thanking me you do things which somehow will jeopardize my recommendation and doing the things which i hate the most. Plus I was in a bad mood as I still haven't settle certain problems so i guess i kinda got carried away a little. Haiz sometimes I feel that being a sergeant is really not easy and Im not that kind of person who love scolding and nagging at people all the time. I guess the army really made me experience a new side of me and hopefully It won't be permanent. Hopefully after ORD I won't be like this anymore. I need to be that happy go lucky Faris! But today, I went to spoke to the person that I was piss off with and explain on why i had to do what i had to do and somehow just close the chapter. I don't want both side to hold any grudges or anything like that. I did apologised so I guess we should be fine now.
Now for today the current problem that Im facing now is a missing item. I shall not elaborate much but all I know was that It really scare the shit out of me! I was angry as It wasn't even my fault as I was away for 3 days and it had to happen when I did not check it for just for a day. I couldn't even sleep for the whole night. Eventually I followed my instinct and thank god the person i suspected has it. What a day!
I shall stop here for and hopefully things will run smoothly till I end my tour here but Im gonna hate tomorrow though as something new at work was implemented so i predict more work but oh well I will just do my best. Gambateh Faris!!