
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
200410 marks the most horrible day that i've ever experience so far in Brunei. I shall not elaborate more so let's just say it was my first time getting a scolding from the camp commander and it wasn't pleasant at all. What i conclude from the incident is that I've learnt my lesson. Because of this now our work will be even more tougher & Im pretty worried about my team as this new implementation that they came out with it will definetly affect their rest time. How i wish sometimes i could do more to improve the situation but it's hard. I just hope that everyone including other branch will cooperate and work together as the main problem is due to lack of teamwork & cooperation. Well Im not blaming anyone as afterall it was everyone mistake including mine and i hope that after this incident, everyone learnt from it and hopefully it will not repeat ever again. Hopefully this will be the first & the last time.
One thing about here is that bad news travel really fast. Not even 5 minutes after the incident and everyone already knew about it. They kept asking me and some of them were nice as they gave me advice and try to calm me down. It's easier said than done because they are not there to experience it themselves on how hard it is. They do not know the problems we face daily. They only see the good side & to be honest i feel that we don't get enough credit. Bad news really travel fast but all the good work that we do the news doesn't travel at all. It's always like that in the working world. Well what ever it is I'm gonna do my very best but haiz i feel that im such a lousy guard commander. Not even a month here and this have to happen.
After the incident it was nice of the Captain's here & the SM to comfort me and help me out with the situation. Even the people from the other branch came to apologise about it. I also have to thank my team for cracking up jokes and all the laughing made me feel better. In the evening during dinner, the camp commander call me to seat on his table and he was being nice to me. I guess he have forgiven me but he said something that was pretty hurtful to me. Maybe I was too sensitive and took it a little too seriously as he could have just meant it as a joke. Okay they were having a happy hour function in the evening and he said that "Okay as a punishment for your poor performance i want you to dance later at the function". Hearing that poor performace really brought me down as I been working really hard as most of the time I only sleep 1 to 2 hours whenever im on duty. I will do my best to ensure that everything was running smoothly and I try my very best to make everyone in my team happy so that they will be more motivated to work. I guess it wasn't good enough & i really need to improve and be even better. I just hope that I will still remain strong, positive & no more screw up please. Come on Faris you can do it!
Sometimes i wish that i could just run away......